Thursday, January 12, 2017

Live Each Day Like It’s Your First, Not Your Last

Most of my followers know about my Words of Power. The one I find myself using quite often as my Kennedy’s Disease progresses is, 
I choose my attitude in every situation.” 

I find that much of my frustrations are the result of me clinging for dear life to my past abilities and capabilities. When I take a step back and change my attitude, it changes my perspective. When that happens, it is amazing how different I feel. I now become a problem solver rather than a problem hater.

I ran across this LifeHacker blog article and thirteen-minute video and need to share it. It is an important message about perspectives. Click on the link below for the full article and video.

“In a recent TEDx talk., Leanne Delle, a writer and registered nurse, explains the problem with “last day” mentality. While focusing on an expiration date can be motivating for some people, it’s stressful for most of us. It has all the makings of an existential crisis. It makes us feel we’re not doing enough and we’re not sure what we can or should do in that limited amount of time. Instead of living each day like it’s your last, Delle suggests the opposite:

Live each day as though it’s your first. If we live each day full of wonder and appreciation while discovering a genuine sense of joy, I believe that motivation for our truest passion would be more likely to present itself...I would argue that we can deal with day-to-day routine and responsibilities while pursuing our passion. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. …”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.