Sunday, April 15, 2018

Healthcare Regulations are in Flux


It is s mess out there!


The health insurance industry in the United States is in turmoil. The right hand does not know what the left is doing and no one seems to know what will be the final result.

In the meantime, there are all kinds of scams taking place where someone is trying to sell you something at ridiculously low premiums or way overpriced policies. I am amazed at the number of phone calls we receive every week. I have stopped answering the phone unless I know who is calling. I heard so many ‘sales pitches’ it wore me out. "If you buy this plan within the next four hours, I can reduce the monthly premium by a hundred bucks." "You need to lock in a plan today because I heard premiums will rise 25% tomorrow." I am at a point now where I do not trust anyone calling about health insurance.

Healthcare requirements have still not been finalized by the government and the states. This leaves the shoppers at the mercy of the marketplace. The only thing for sure is that everything will continue to change over the next year or two. I blame the politicians. They have their own healthcare program that is funded by the taxpayers, so they do not understand the mess they have created for the average citizen.

NORD, the National Organization for Rare Disorders, has updated their website to provide the most current state contact information for health insurance and government insurance agencies. This resource will list information for each state and will be updated as new information is made available.

If you, or someone you know, is in the market for health insurance, please follow this link to the NORD website: State-by-State Insurance Information


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.